February 11, 2009

In Recovery

I'm feeling much, much better since posting the Dorito and Pepsi photo Monday night. There's something sweet about confession, truly.

I did better yesterday. I ate a Fage before meeting a friend for breakfast, so that I was only hungry enough for one IHOP Harvest Grain pancake (instead of the four they served me). I had Pinkberry pomegranate fro-yo w/shaved milk chocolate for lunch (nutritionally devoid, I'll admit -- but substantial enough to carry me for a few hours and sweet enough to take care of the day's cravings) and In-N-Out around 4 p.m. I ate fast at In-N-Out (was in the midst of a long driving trip and wanted to get back on the road), but I stopped before finishing both burger and fries. And, since I still felt full when I got home at 9 p.m., I just had water instead of snacking. While not the most nutritious day, I controlled the damages.

Today: Tiny bit of yogurt and Kashi 7 Grains for breakfast (was in a hurry), scrambled egg w/veggies and an apple for a snack at work, and healthy (no, seriously) pad Thai for lunch. Chicken ravioli coming up for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment