January 19, 2009

Beck Solutions No. 1

OK, world, here it is -- my list of reasons. I want to lose weight:

-- so that I can feel confident and sexy when I think about the way I look in a pair of jeans, a black cocktail dress, a bathing suit.
-- to become a faster & more nimble runner.
-- so I can go to yoga at Funky Door. (Note: I long ago decided some sort of weight loss would be required before I set foot inside. Just check out the photos.)
-- so I don't feel fat anymore around my thin friends & colleagues.
-- so that I can be healthy when I'm ready to have kids.
-- so that if & when I get married, I won't resort to a last-minute diet -- and then risk gaining it all back.
-- to support my ol' running buddy in her efforts. (And not fall behind. Let's be honest, I have a competitive side.)
-- so that I can wear sexy, form-fitting clothing -- & feel good about it.
-- so that I can grow old gracefully & beautifully.
-- so that I don't feel a pang of guilt/disappointment/embarrassment/jealousy when I think of others -- a former teacher, colleague, boss, yoga buddy -- who's lost weight and kept it off.
-- to adopt a more healthy attitude toward hunger & appetite & portion control.
-- to show myself that I truly can do anything I set my mind to.

1 comment: