January 18, 2009

Workout #7

I must confess, feel like I'm falling a bit off the workout train this weekend. I even had to look up which number workout I'm blogging about, which is probably not a good sign.

Anyway, the workout: Another bike ride with the boy. We skipped the bridge this time and climbed through the Presidio instead. It was a still workout, but not as strenuous as last week's ride. Plus, we topped it off with splitting a North Beach sandwich at Cheese Plus on Polk Street -- a sandwich laden, appropriately, with Italian meats. A bit of miscommunication took place at the deli counter between the boy and me, leading to this fatty choice of post-workout delights. I went veg for dinner to try to repent -- but dinner was followed by dessert for a friend's birthday.

All in all, not much of a good day for being fit and fab. We're gonna call it my first Saturday fail. I'll try to repent tomorrow with a run and/or ride and/or yoga -- plus the massive cleaning of the house, which should help burn a few calories.

I'm also working on controlling portions. To remind myself of what a cup of food looks like, I'm trying to keep a measuring cup on the counter. Finding out how much of any food to eat, though, has been harder. I've got this site so far -- any others?

The pasta portion size is always what kills me. Keeping greater goals, however, in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment