January 26, 2009

Back on Track

Howdy, all. (There are at least two of you now.)

Just wanted to let you know that, yes, I took a small hiatus to take care of a few more pressing issues* on Thursday and over the weekend. (*devastating news of my tropical vacation falling through)

In all honesty, I didn't do too bad, I think, in allowing the emotional crisis to harm my diet and exercise plan. I did skip my run on Thursday afternoon, but let's be honest: That was a strong possibility anyway. In addition to the horrifying news, I'd gotten a shot (vaccine for devastatingly defunct vacation) that made my arm sore, and, at the end of the day, I generally despise exercise after work. (That is, however, getting a little easier.)

At any rate -- I didn't go on a complete binge. I recognized that scarfing down unreasonable amounts of pasta or cookie dough wouldn't bring back my vacation and would, in fact, make me more depressed when it added pounds to my waistline. So I ate slowly Friday night, despite the fact that I cooked and dined alone; I had a banana for breakfast Saturday in lieu of a Bob's Donuts ham & cheese croissant (even though we walked right past Bob's), I went running Sunday morning and I stopped eating Sunday evening when I was full, even though that meant that I ended up not eating any of the white chili I had made.

So, I'm back now. Let's get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment