January 26, 2009

Workout #10

Wow, the workouts don't stack up very quick when I'm skipping them. Must remember this.

So, in this blog post, I first need to give some kudos to the boy, who has, without being an annoying cheerleader, been quite supportive so far of my workout and diet efforts. He's spurring me along by going to the gym himself during the week and by asking me to go for a run or bike ride together on the weekends. For instance, as I drowned my defunct-vaca blues in a ridiculous 2.5 hour nap Saturday afternoon, he would periodically call out from the next room, "Hey, want to go for a run?"

Now, I don't particularly enjoy running with the boy on the whole -- he runs faster and continuously, while I'm of course doing the whole interval bit. He enjoys running ahead and waiting for me or, worse, running ahead and circling back to get me. BUT, on Sunday, he got me out of bed and onto the trail at Crissy Field, despite the biting wind, and saved me from a 4-day workout slump. (I curbed it at 3 days.)

The run: My first 2:1, for 40 minutes solid. It was harder then I thought, but I'm not letting it get me down, for two reasons: 1) It was seriously cold at Crissy yesterday -- I kept my sweatshirt on for the first 20-25 minutes because I couldn't get warmed up, and 2) I had eaten a semi-dark Hershey's bar* too close to the run, which made me nauseous. I had a few nice moments of finding my pace, though -- enough to keep me going.

*OK, so I lied a bit about not binging on emotion this weekend. I had an unfortunate chocolate incident Sunday a.m. Not to make excuses, but I was PMS-ing, in addition to everything else. And I won't repeat the offense -- running afterward was awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment