January 22, 2009

Afternoon Workout Today

OK, I had to write this here so I actually follow through with it: I'm planning to work out after work, at home, today. It's important to note this because I am not, in general, an afternoon person. I prefer to get up early and get to either the gym or work early. Working out first thing in the morning gets the task out of the way, jump starts my metabolism and prevents me from making too many excuses about why I don't want to/can't/shouldn't work out.

Today, however, I have a super early meeting (7 a.m.), quickly followed by more meetings, so the gym was not a possibility. Ergo, going home at 5:30 p.m., lacing up my shoes and heading outside. Yes, even if it's raining.

5 comments:

  1. Well? How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem.

    I did not go to work out after all yesterday. I had a coughing fit and was feeling generally like death. So home I went. I figured one more day of taking care of myself, then I'm back to tormenting myself on the treadmill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's funny? This thing emails me every time you comment -- which is AWESOME, because it was like a nice little nudge back to posting. So thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete