January 1, 2013

Just three resolutions for 2013

Happy New Year!

Last night -- or rather, very early this morning -- as I climbed into bed, I resolved to do three things in 2013:

  1. Fall asleep in my bed each night -- rather than on the couch, where I am very often lulled into slumber as I watch TV.
    • Score: 1 for 1.
  2. Take a little time to relax this year. My 2012 was a great one of stretching, exploring, testing and attempting, and I wouldn't have it any other way -- but in 2013, I'd like to get back to smelling the roses a bit. Within this, I'll focus more on embracing my imperfections, and today was a great example of that. 
    • Score: 1 for 1, having spent much of today on my couch. I ignored the calls of clearing away Christmas decorations, going for a hike, heading out to brunch or sorting through the mail so that I could spend a few more needed hours watching "Downton" DVDs and the Northwestern University bowl game (We won! We won!).
  3. Write for 20 minutes each day. I'll resurrect this blog to share my whimsies a few times a week, and I'll work on getting a few of my other projects off the ground as well.
    • Score: 1 for 1.  
So, as you can see, the year is off to a solid, happy start. Many adventures -- and rests -- lie ahead, and I'm very much looking forward to them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment