February 6, 2009

Calorie Counting

I caught a sideways view of my behind earlier today (i.e., I wasn't standing at my thinnest angle, the one I usually use in front of a mirror), and it was a frightening sight -- frightening enough to make me do a little experiment for counting my calories over the past week.

I've been tracking my eating every other day or so during the past few weeks, so that made this a bit easier (and more honest). Thanks to the tons of online calorie data resources, I think I've been able to come up with a reasonable estimation of what I'm consuming. The results? Shocking, but in a good way that should help me cut back a bit: I'm consuming between 300 and 400 extra calories each day. Good grief! That's insane! What have I been doing?

So, off to fewer snacks and smaller portions today, in an effort to conserve a couple hundred calories for an after-work drink. (It is Friday, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment