January 10, 2009

Workout #3

I traded today's scheduled 2-mile walk for a 10-mile bike ride with Vivek -- including my new bike's inaugural ride over the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm super excited to say that this was the first time I was able to make the final climb to the bridge without getting off and pushing my bike up the hill. In fact, I didn't have to get off the bike until the last half-block of the ride. I am, however, going to be quite sore tomorrow, I do believe.

As we often do on our rides, we stopped and took a break for lunch at Marina Sub. Chewing slowly and enjoying every bite was a tough task after waiting more than 20 minutes for our turkey sub, but I tried as hard as I could. French Onion Sun Chips for a side dish. Delish all around.

3 comments:

  1. The crazy thing about eating slower? Pete says HE feels calmer -- that's not an eating competition anymore! How funny is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilars! I honestly never noticed you eating so quickly (maybe because I was also eating so quickly?), but I'm glad you're finding it helpful. (As am I, of course. I stayed quite full that day, right up until dinner that night with friends.)

    ReplyDelete