January 12, 2009

Lunch Choice Debate

Ugh, eating lunch at work is hard! I'm blessed with free lunch, yes, and I'm forever grateful. But free lunch leads me to eat things I usually wouldn't put money down for and stray from my diet path.

Take today's lunch, for instance: Tons of salad options, a braised tofu dish and grilled teriyaki chicken. All healthy, right? But they're offered alongside goat cheese frittata, ribs and two kinds of pizza. So what do I want? Goat cheese frittata and tandoori chicken pizza, of course!

But I'm not going to do it. The value of a cheat day (my Sunday) is that I keenly remember how miserable it made me feel. So today I'll have either the teriyaki chicken and a salad or the cashew chicken salad. Off I go to investigate the options.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know what won out: grilled teriyaki chicken, noodles, steamed broccoli, mushrooms and a scoop of the cashew salad. I'm getting quite full.

    ReplyDelete