January 8, 2014

No weigh-ins for me, no sirree

Vivek found our weighing scale Sunday in one of the few remaining "chowder" boxes from the apartment -- and promptly weighed himself. He even carried the scale around the house to test it out on tile and carpeted floors to make sure it was accurate.

It lurks -- our weighing scale.

I won't be weighing in right now. In fact, maybe not until February. Who knows? Maybe not at all.

In the past three months, I've survived a move and a job change and then spent an incredibly relaxing, rejuvenating and delicious week celebrating Christmas with my family and loved ones on the East Coast. Have I gained a pound or two -- or even a few? Probably.

But you know what? I know I'll work off those pounds as I get back into my normal eating and exercising this month, so I'm not gonna sweat it. (No pun intended.)

My jeans still fit, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment