February 23, 2013

Catching up

At nearly three weeks into my trip -- and fast approaching the mid-point -- it seems time for a small amount of constructive criticism on my journey to date.

I set out to learn more about Vivek's family and country, to write and to relax a bit. On the first point, I'm sailing. I've been learning up a storm -- and, ergo, traveling, having been in six towns just in the past week (Chandigarh, Dehradun, Shimla, Bangalore, Mysore and the Kolar Gold Fields).

It's been far more difficult to find time for my second two goals of writing and relaxing. With that in mind, I've set aside my Sunday here in Bangalore to do a lot of both. I've already read the New York Times online and had my morning mini-nap, so it's time to settle in. Stay tuned for additional posts!

Laptop, water, tea, cereal with a big scoop of peanut butter -- all the ingredients for a successful writing session.

No comments:

Post a Comment