February 18, 2013

Ah, Shimla!

We've arrived in a place that, if I weren't seeing it myself, I might find hard to believe: Shimla, where the air is crisp and cool and there is order, peace and loveliness all around.

In honor, a rare photo post for me.

The Yarrows, my current home away from home -- a training house for new entrants into the audits department of the Indian government. Pops stayed here in the mid-'70s for his training.
We spent the afternoon walking through 'The Mall,' all in a circuitous route to Gorton Castle, the home of the audits department here. Pops has been beaming like this all day. 
As evening settled over the city, fog walked up over the mountains much the same way it does in San Francisco. Here, a few from Gorton Castle back toward The Mall. 

A last view back toward the city as the lights began to turn on.
We're off to dinner, but I'll post more photos later.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, Becky! So glad you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! Miss you tons! Wish you guys were here.

      Delete
  2. What a wintery sojourn after 2004. Fabulous stay at THE GLEN, YARROWS.

    ReplyDelete