June 16, 2009

Traditional Indian Wear


I said I'd post more, so here we go.

I've been gathering quite the collection of kurtis -- traditional Indian blouses -- since I arrived in India. They're available in an incredible range of colors, styles and prices -- and I love them all, essentially -- particularly the ones that cost Rs. 230 (about $5) at Delhi's outdoor markets.

I haven't, however, taken much of a plunge into traditional Indian wear on the whole -- full salwaar and chudidar suits -- except for the outfits I wore to the wedding in Chandigarh and the suit made from the fabrics that Vivek's folks sent me.

This weekend, I decided it was time to pair some cotton chudidars and salwaars from Fab India with a few of the kurtis I now own. And today, I -- drumroll please -- wore one of my suits to work. It's a kurti from Vivek's folks, accessorized at Fab India. The photo's me with my co-worker and friend Veni, whom I've been working with now for nearly a year. She's wearing a salwaar suit, and I'm wearing a chudidar suit. Aren't we nicely color-coordinated?

---

1 comment: