April 15, 2009

Random Thoughts

...

Musings, while I wait for my photos to upload (not as slow here as it could be in other households in India, but still slower than desired):

  • One thing you don't get from my photos is that, most often, when I'm taking them, the air is hot, stinky and either dusty or buggy (mosquitos and flies are most common). But, that said, I always am glad I went wherever I did to take these photos, when looking back on them from the comfort of my AC'd room.
  • I had my first power outage of this trip to India last night. The generators kicked in within about 10 seconds, though, which is super. Crazy thing is the cable went first (must be closer to the power source); unfortunately, the cable going out now puts me on edge, in expectation that our power is going to go out, too.
  • Every day has been so crazy and different and exciting so far. I haven't been bored at all. Not even close.
  • Things I forgot to pack: my brown belt; a flashlight; my cell phone charger (I'm using a mini-USB to charge it from my laptop).
Photos still uploading, but I'm tired. Ciao for now.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment