April 5, 2009

India - Day 1

We're here! And off to a rocking start. I'm posting two photos of our wedding-attire-buying extravaganza in Karol Bagh yesterday (for a family friend's wedding next weekend in Chandigarh).

Greg and I arrived in Delhi about 2:20 a.m. Sunday, after a long layover in Hong Kong with my fiance's brother, Anshuman. After a few hours of sleep at our guesthouse in Gurgaon, we headed out with the other expats from our office for a leisurely Japanese brunch (ironic, I know, for our first full meal in India - but we also had homecooked Indian food in Hong Kong, so who knows what we'll eat next) and finished off the day shopping. At home, we had samosas and jalebis for dinner.

I'm heading out for work now, so I haven't got a ton of time to write. But I'll post some more photos tonight (Monday a.m., for most of you -- just in time to help you procrastinate the start of the work week).


1 comment: