May 11, 2007

Look what I did!

It's refrigerator-clipping time. I'm using some of my 'working break' time to finally learn how to do a few things with the Web and GIMPShop. This blog is one attempt to keep myself Web-savvy; another is helping my friend Elizabeth set up a Web page for her photo studio.

Elizabeth's not quite ready to launch a full-blown Web site, so we're using a temporary blog to get her info on the Internet. I designed the page, with input from Elizabeth, and the b-f helped us get her domain name to redirect to the blog. She'll soon be adding photos and posts to liven it up.

Where GIMP comes in: Elizabeth wanted to use a script-like font for the title of the blog, but Blogger didn't offer anything close to the script on her business cards. So I made a simple text and background file in GIMP and uploaded it as a JPEG, in place of the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment